THE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MONACO IS A PRIVATE INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION FOUNDED IN 1986 IN THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO
Its program portfolio includes Bachelor, Master of Science, MBA, and DBA degrees. It focuses mainly on those areas of expertise closely associated with Monaco: the management of high value-added service activities, especially in the luxury and finance sectors. This approach has allowed IUM to differentiate itself and achieve continuous growth, with student enrollment figures increasing from 300 students in 2010 to 650 in 2021. Integration within the INSEEC Group, the French leader in private higher education, has undoubtedly contributed to this evolution.
Notwithstanding this growth, IUM remains an intimate, human-scale business school with a profoundly multicultural outlook. With more than 70 different nationalities in its student body, IUM encourages interactions and exchanges among students from around the world.
Inspired and guided by its mission, IUM has set specific objectives that characterize its vision of its future and of the role it intends to play within its environment:
- To be recognized locally and internationally as a point of reference in the business and academic communities in high-value service activities, especially in Luxury Management, Hospitality & Event Management, and Financial Services.
- To be a significant player in the promotion of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development in the Luxury, Hospitality, and Financial Services sectors.
- To contribute significantly to the attractiveness of Monaco and to be a flagship institution within the Principality.
- To promote an innovative pedagogical approach that broadens the classroom boundaries by mobilizing project-based and experiential learning directly with a host of organizations.
- To prepare and train highly sought-after practitioners in Luxury, Hospitality, and Financial Services, hired at graduation, and to establish an influential and active alumni network that is a source of added value to firms in these areas.