Acquire the specific skills in Brand Management to succeed in the Luxury Industry
The global luxury industry has never been so diverse. Today’s luxury professionals must possess the capacity to evolve; they require an international outlook and an acute knowledge of this complex and discerning marketplace.
The Brand Management track merges strategic thinking with corporate creativity and integrates rigor and intellectual scope, vital to successfully understanding the high-end market. It focuses on how the luxury industry interacts with the twenty-first century’s economic, cultural, and technological environments, the characteristics of today’s luxury consumers, and the resonances generated by high-end goods and services.
The Brand Management track seeks to produce imaginative practitioners able to apply their business knowledge and creativity across specific industries.
AT A GLANCE:
- A very diverse student body in terms of backgrounds and interests.
- Project-based and experiential learning to develop business models and acquire entrepreneurial skills.
- YACHTING TRACK: the one and only Yachting Management Specialization worldwide.
The program develops hard and soft skills necessary to enter the luxury business, exploring the product mix strategy according to current trends and customer needs.
- An international mindset
- Interest in acquiring managerial expertise in the luxury business
- A marketing and communication orientation
- A project for setting up a company in the luxury industry
- To immerse yourself in luxury business management.
- To understand the implementation of a strategic approach to marketing management, analyzing the essential steps of brand management of luxury goods and services: Creation, Development, Promotion, and Distribution.
- To acquire the theories and practical knowledge necessary for careers in Product and Brand Management, Communication, E-commerce, Luxury Distribution, and Entrepreneurship.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF YOUR MASTER AT IUM?
Upon successful completion of the program in Luxury, participants will be able to:
- Manage concepts, tools, and frameworks necessary to recognize, analyze, and manage the business variables and issues specific to the luxury industry.
- Evaluate the interrelationship between branding strategies and corporate, business strategies.
- Understand the mechanism by which companies are developing new creative solutions and innovation processes to differentiate themselves.
- Demonstrate a culture of appreciation for the quality of service, the immaterial, emotional, and sensory dimensions of Luxury.
This MSc’s degree program is a complete immersion into general luxury business management subjects, enabling you to face and solve different strategic planning and luxury portfolio management issues. It introduces you to the operational, financial, marketing, and product problems that impact strategic and business decisions while providing a focused insight into the exciting traits of the industry.
The program provides all the theories and practical knowledge necessary to develop the skills that can lead to careers in:
- Product and Brand Management
- E-commerce and Luxury Distribution
The MSc in Luxury Management program at IUM has enhanced my time management and planning, critical thinking, presentation skills, and leadership experience, matching academic models with real-life case studies.
‘Jessica Campbell, Alumna’
‘Marketing Manager at L’Oréal Australia’
The Specialization in Brand Management ensures that the curriculum matches the luxury business standards by working with luxury industry players.
The interaction with luxury companies happens through several possible activities:
- Professional guest lecturers and series of CEO conferences on campus (Chloé, Bulgari Hotel, Galeries Lafayettes, Façonnable, JWT, Parmigiani, Mauboussin, Gucci, Fraser Yachts, Wally, YSL, Safilo, Richemont, Ralph Lauren, Fendi, Cartier, Orient-Express, etc.)
- Participation in the most significant luxury-related events (Car show in Geneva, Monaco Yacht Show and Luxe Pack in Monaco, TFWA in Cannes, Fiera del Mobile in Milan, International Jewelry Show in Valenza. Luxury Briefing London, etc.)
- Field trips to the more prestigious firms or industrial plants in Europe (L’Oréal, Hotel de Crillion Paris, Louis Vuitton, Valentino, Silversea Luxury Cruiseline, Bulgari, Gucci, Ermenegildo Zegna, Azimut Benetti Group, Fendi, Bulgari Hotel, Safilo, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Stefano Ricci, etc.)
- Company presentations animated by HR managers interested in recruiting talents