THE THESIS EXAMINATION PROCESS
The examination of each thesis is based on a presentation by the candidate and the defence to a qualified jury. The date and hour of thesis defence is published in advance and the event is open to the public.
The jury is composed of 4 members, as follows: 2 members of the teaching faculty of the DBA programme, one of which may be a thesis advisor); one qualified researcher (university professor or other) from outside the DBA programme; and one person from the business or other appropriate professional world.
The thesis examination procedure is as follows:
- Oral presentation of the work by the candidate (30 minutes),
- Observations and questions from each member of the jury (5 minutes per member),
- Candidate’s responses to questions, and discussion with the jury (up to 40 minutes),
- Deliberation by the jury and decision concerning the award of the DBA degree,
- Public announcement of the result,
- In the case of a positive decision, award of the degree of Doctorate in Business Administration from the IUM in a public ceremony.