CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
YOU WANT TO JOIN US ?
The luxury hotel industry is a very dynamic sector. Indeed, the hotel industry has progressed in recent years. More than an economic issue, the luxury hotel industry is also an attractive business sector for professionals. Indeed, it is not only a question of income, but it is also a profession with high added value and high social recognition. Learn more about the luxury hotel industry.
What are the different professions in the luxury hotel industry and what are their main responsibilities?
The luxury hotel industry features a variety of professions, including:
- receptionist: greeting customers, answering phones and emails, taking reservations ;
- Housekeeper: manage the hotel’s employee files, ensure that all procedures are followed, manage the cleaning team;
- hotel manager: responsible for the entire hotel. He is in charge of the hotel staff, the reception and the maintenance of the hotel. He is also responsible for customer management, service and the restaurant. He may also be required to manage events, such as weddings for example;
- Restaurant Manager: manage the entire restaurant. This includes all aspects of the facility, from employee management to task allocation;
- manager: manage all important information. It should also focus on the budget and any variances. This means that he must keep a close eye on budget variances.
What are the qualifications and skills needed to work in the luxury hotel industry?
When working in the luxury hotel industry, it is important to get training. This one allows you to be trained on the different types of services you could offer. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to learn how to manage different types of clients. You will also learn to manage the quality and cleanliness of the facility.
If you want to work in the luxury hotel industry, there are certain skills and qualities you need to have:
- have a very good level of English;
- be pressure resistant;
- have good communication skills;
- have a good presentation;
- be organized.
What are the opportunities and career paths for luxury hotel professionals?
Luxury hotels are among the largest private employers, attracting talented employees from around the world. Hospitality professionals are recruited to provide their clients with world-class service in luxury environments. Here are some examples of career opportunities:
- integrate a luxury hotel;
- integrate a luxury restaurant;
- to become a manager of a luxury hotel;
- work in a travel agency or a luxury tour operator.
What are the salaries and benefits associated with these jobs?
In luxury hotels, salaries are high. You will benefit from a good salary. However, this is usually related to workload.
When you work in a luxury establishment, you have job security. You can also benefit from health insurance.
In the luxury hotel industry, you have various benefits. These include social security, paid vacations and retirement. This provides you with additional security.
You are entitled to a range of bonuses and allowances. You may be entitled to year-end bonuses, vacation bonuses and vacation pay. In addition, you are also entitled to seniority bonuses, which may allow you to earn an additional bonus.
Luxury hotels offer a number of recovery days, allowing you to enjoy your free time and rest. In addition, you can also benefit from several days off.
What are the challenges and constraints facing luxury hotel professionals?
Luxury hotel professionals face specific challenges and constraints. Competition is fiercer than elsewhere, and quality of service is a key success factor. The main constraints of professionals in this sector are as follows
- demanding targets and customers;
- a difficult job;
- work under pressure;
- offer impeccable services.
The professions in the luxury hotelindustry are extremely varied. Each person will enter a different profession according to their training and skills. Studying in this field can thus be an excellent opportunity for those who wish to pursue a career in the hospitality industry. Facilitating access to professionalization, thus allowing students to enter the job market as quickly as possible, should improve the salary conditions and career prospects of luxury hotel professionals.Updated 14 September 2023