Entrepreneurship and Innovation
are the two areas of focus highlighted in the mission. New business development and new business dynamics are strongly rooted in the Monegasque ecosystem. The presence of many investors and financial services experts fosters this dynamic.
The ability to create and seize new opportunities is among the qualities encouraged by IUM and widely represented among students and alumni.
To support students with entrepreneurial ambitions, IUM offers:
- entrepreneurship courses in all the curricula
- an Entrepreneurial Project option for their Capstone Project (instead of the final internship)
- interactions and mentoring with incubators and investors’ organizations such as the Monaco State incubator MonacoTech, MonacoFoundry, and the Monaco Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- two yearly business plan competitions for international students: The Mark Challenge and the Monaco Ocean Protection Challenge
- a local network of partnering institutions to support the setting of the new company in Monaco.
Monaco and its entrepreneurial mindset
Entrepreneurship Series – HyPlug
IUM Entrepreneurs Stories
Entrepreneurship is second nature for IUM students!
A Capstone Project turns into a Start-up Company! Friends since the start of their university career back in 2016, Vadim Evseev, Kresimir Miljak, Maurits Spaan, and Artem Zhigarev, have taken upon themselves to redefine the restaurant industry in Monaco. Since the completion of their bachelor’s degrees, the four entrepreneurs decided to take various career paths, Maurits started a private…Read more
She founded her Private Aviation Brokerage
Meet with Noémie Goris, MSc in Luxury Management 2020. After graduating from her MSc in Luxury Management program, Noémie has started her career in the Yachting industry, working for a leading shipyard in Germany. A couple of months later, she moved on to the private jet industry, first working as a broker and an airline. Now she…Read more
MBA Alumnus Testimonial
Meet with Ross Kaplan, MBA 2015, and current Account Manager at Amazon Web Services (AWS). What have you done since you graduated from IUM? I have worked at Amazon for the last 5+ years in the enterprise cloud division. I have worked in enterprise support, operations management, and, most recently, commercial cloud sales. Your professional biggest…Read more
Resources and Benefits
- Privileged access to current IUM events
- Advice on how to optimize your career
- Webinars. Discover IUM latest research
- A voice in the IUM’s future development
- A whole team at your service