WHAT DRIVES US
This ethics policy is binding upon the entire University community: members of the teaching, administrative and technical staff, the student body, and all other stakeholders.
Statement of Ethical Values
IUM’s four core values underpin our institution:
EXCELLENCE – We will continuously strive to nurture a culture of excellence in everything we undertake.
INTEGRITY – We will be fair and honest in our dealings with and on behalf of the University.
RESPECT – We will respect the rights, dignity, views and property of others.
RESPONSIBILITY – We will be individually accountable for all our decisions and for our conduct in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and University policies.
Code of Ethical Conduct
In fulfilling the University mission and in respecting our ethical values, we commit to:
- Uphold the highest standards of intellectual honesty and integrity in learning, teaching, research, and community service.
- Treat everyone, regardless of level or circumstance, with dignity and respect.
- Maintain open and truthful communications.
- Avoid all forms of violence, intimidation or conduct that in any way interferes with the freedoms and rights of others.
- Refrain from all sorts of sexual or psychological harassment.
- Refrain from any sort of discrimination on social, gender, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual orientation or any other grounds.
- Foster cross-cultural understanding, and value and embrace diversity of all kinds.
- Respect and preserve the quality of the academic facilities, computer facilities and public space.
- Use the university computer facilities in an ethical and legal manner as stipulated in the university IT charter (the Acceptable Use Policy for IT Resources/Equipment).