Our MSc in Luxury Hospitality and Event Management program offers a multidisciplinary approach: a solid business, strategic, marketing and communication knowledge combined with exposure to the practical side, thanks to the contribution of active professionals.
Being in the heart of this region allows international students to explore Monaco as an indulgent destination where they can understand and experience the critical aspects of the service industry.
The luxury hospitality industry is a multi-billion industry encompassing various fields: accommodation, food & beverage, spa, meeting & events, cruise line, yachting, gambling, entertainment, and transportation.
The legendary French Riviera, and Monaco in particular, represents one of the most sought-out luxury destinations in the world.
AT A GLANCE:
- It helps you identify connections across multiple segments of the luxury Hospitality industry
- Allows you to possess the industry-specific understanding that future employers seek when hiring managers
- Improves your managerial skills and progress in the hotel industry
- YACHTING TRACK: This is the first and only one of its kind in the world
This MSc degree program in Luxury Hospitality and Event Management answer the specific needs of a fast-evolving, diverse and complex industry:
New trends, concepts, services, and players are breaking into the sector that represents the ultimate expression of personalized service and intimate elegance.
The MSc in Luxury Hospitality and Event Management program provides you with the necessary knowledge and expertise to enter the luxury service industry through a mix of academic pillars and practical courses.
Because the luxury service-oriented industries look for future leaders endowed with a good balance between creativity and managerial skills, able to provide innovative solutions, IUM professors and guest lecturers will drive you in developing creative and original thinking around brand and marketing strategies.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF YOUR MSC AT IUM?
- The solid skill-set to become productive and confident managers.
- Learn how to work and lead in a dynamic environment with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Assimilate not only the hard skills but also the soft skills fundamental to management success.
- General knowledge of management theory and practice, as well as specialized industry knowledge
- A life-changing learning and networking experience: creating new perspectives, a worldwide network, and ongoing professional growth and development opportunities.
The MSc in Luxury Hospitality and Event Management program ensures a continuous link between the academic curriculum and the Business world by working with major industry players.
Our Master students regularly participate to:
- professional guest lecturers and series of CEO conferences on campus (Chloé, Bulgari Hotel, Façonnable, JWT, Parmigiani, Mauboussin, Gucci, Fraser Yachts, Wally, YSL, Sergio Rossi, etc.)
- luxury events (Car show in Geneva, Monaco Yacht Show and Luxe Pack in Monaco, TFWA in Cannes, Salone del Mobile in Milan, International Jewelry Show in Valenza, Luxury Briefing conference in London, etc.)
- field trips to reinforce understanding of professional expectations. Students visit major firms or industrial plants in European capitals (L’Oréal, Hotel de Crillion Paris, Louis Vuitton, Valentino, Silversea Luxury Cruiseline, Bulgari, Gucci, Ermenegildo Zegna, Azimut Benetti Group, Fendi, Bulgari Hotel, Safilo, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Stefano Ricci, etc.), having the chance to go straight to the primary source of information.
- Company presentations animated by HR managers interested in recruiting talents.
The MSc in Luxury Hospitality & Event Management students participate in a Career Development Seminar, which includes three sequences, thus supporting the MSc students in their internship or job search strategies.
“ Discovering” job markets, companies, and career paths in the Luxury Leisure and Hospitality sector – Senior executives and HR managers in the luxury hospitality and other sectors (yachting, Conciergerie, wines, and spirits …) share their career paths and professional experience with students.
“Targeting the institutions”: Building a specific targeting plan to approach selected luxury Hospitality Brands.
“Making Connections”: Networking strategies, companies projects, personal branding strategies, and tools.
Being at the International University of Monaco was an experience of a lifetime. IUM allowed me to connect to a globally diverse student body, network, travel, and access global career opportunities.
Chiara Lalinga, Alumnus
Bhavin Patel, <a href=”https://www.linkedin.com/company/porsche/”>Porsche Cars, North America</a>
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN LUXURY HOSPITALITY AND EVENT MANAGEMENT STUDENTS
The MSc in Luxury Hospitality and Events Management provides the opportunities for graduates to pursue careers in the travel and tourism industry, events management, tourism policy, and Hotel & Tourism Property Management. Students will gain a solid understanding of the Luxury Hospitality Industry based on operational and strategic cutting-edge material and educational processes.
Students of the MSc in Luxury Hospitality and Event Management may consider the following careers:
- General Manager/Hotel Director: Oversees the entire hotel operations, which includes food and beverage, rooms division, front of the house, as well as support departments such as sales, finances, engineering, safety, and human resources. Accountable to the owners and operators for the safe and efficient running of the property.
- Food & Beverage Manager: Overall responsibility and accountability for the food outlets (restaurants, bars, convention) and kitchen and provisioning; position is usually available in hotels, resorts, cruise ships, airlines, convention centers, and casinos.
- Operational Manager: Responsible for the efficient running of a specific department, such as guest services, reception, housekeeping, restaurants, kitchen, engineering, convention.
- Sales & Marketing Manager: Accountable for the property sale, which usually includes both marketing and sales responsibilities.
- Event Manager: Project Manager responsible for creating, planning, and developing events and conferences; responsible for post-event analysis and ensuring a return on investment.
- Revenue Director: Accountable for the yield management process of the property, which includes reservations, rates, revenue generation, and occupancy/Revpar targets.
- Financial Director: Responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative, and personnel services to meet legislative requirements and support the property’s operations.
- Human Resources & Training Manager: Ensure that existing Human Resources standards and Company HR philosophy are integrated at every operational level and are consistent. Manage and coordinate the development and implementation of HR and training processes to improve the overall quality of the product.
- Project Manager/Construction Manager: Plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of one or more construction projects to complete this work in the safest manner possible, at the lowest reasonable cost, and comply with the owner’s documents and quality requirements.
- Brand Manager: Create a lasting impression among consumers and improve product sales and market share. A brand manager monitors market trends and oversees advertising and marketing activities to ensure the proper message communication for their product or service.