For the third year, the International University of Monaco has organized The Mark Challenge, a luxury business pitching competition that connects international students, academic professionals, and business leaders.
The Mark Challenge allows for students with an entrepreneurial spirit to pitch a luxury or premium Service business idea to a professional panel of potential investors and community leaders.
This year, the Mark jury has received 54 business plans, from 12 business schools, from 8 different countries. 26 teams were admitted to the semifinals and 7 finalists (INSEEC, Grenoble Ecole de Management, SDA Bocconi, University of Turin, LUISS Guido and the International University of Monaco) were selected by a technical jury.
After jury deliberations, « La Magie » from Grenoble Ecole de Management has been declared winner of the 3rd edition of The Mark Challenge. The concept of “La Magie” lies in the use of holograms to personalize weddings.
Along with the guidance of successful industry consultants and entrepreneurs to launch their business, the winners of the competition will be given the opportunity to present their business idea at the 2016 Monaco Symposium on Luxury which is taking place on April 7th & 8th.
Second and third positions are held by two teams of the International University of Monaco (IUM):
- Casa Connoisseur whose concept is to deliver to the client’s house his home country food (either in frozen format or cooked by a local “Chef étoilé”)
- Memory Catchers (who also won the audience prize) which had the idea to collect on IPAD memories/messages from loved ones who are no longer there. IPAD would be included in a box that would also contain other elements (eg pictures, objects…)
IUM now looks forward to organizing the fourth edition of the Mark Challenge in 2017 with more teams, more projects and more students willing to leave their Mark. #leaveyourmark
Thank you to the members of the jury who were professionals operating in Monaco:
- President of the jury: Eric Althaus, Althaus Yachting – Founder and President
- Hadami Magtouf, Louis Vuitton Monaco – Store Director
- Jelena Djokovic, Novak Djokovic Foundation – National Director
- Michel Bouquier, Monaco Private Label, Senior Advisor at Finance and Economy Department Monaco
- Axel Hoppenot, Société des Bains de Mer – Group Director of Sales & Marketing – Skal International Monaco, President
- Nazanine Matin, Total Impact Capital – Managing Director Europe
- Zsolt Lavotha, ex-Chairman Monaco Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
- Thierry Chausse, President of JCI Monaco
For more information on the Mark Challenge, visit our website