The world of business is changing rapidly and unpredictably. As long established business models are being disrupted, risks—as well as opportunities– are rising exponentially.
The world of finance, financial markets, and investments are in the frontline of this change and disruption. For a business school, redesigning and adjusting its training programs to meet the employment market’s rapidly evolving needs when it comes to new recruits is an ongoing challenge. It requires discussions, initiatives and a shared vision with key players in each industry. This approach is at the core of the International University of Monaco’s strategy.
AT A GLANCE:
- 2 specializations: Hedge Funds & Private Equity, or Private Banking & Wealth Management
- 16-month program
- 60 US Credit (120 ECTS Credits)
- Start in September
- Internship, Thesis or Applied Project (Professional Immersion)
- Specific London Track: dedicated electives and networking opportunities
It is with this in mind that the International University of Monaco and Barclays Monaco have established a partnership aimed at creating synergies between both institutions, even beyond Monaco’s borders.
Several events have already been scheduled over the next two months. The first was the invitation of 22 Master in Finance students on April 7th, for a discovery of the capital markets and a dialogue with the main Barclays Monaco financial specialists. The program was as follows:
- In the morning, a presentation of the Bank and its main managers; two conferences led by Henk Potts, Barclays capital markets specialist, and Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, Easyjet founder, « Serial Entrepreneur » and philanthropist;
- Then, in the afternoon, an « Investment thriller game» created by Barclays’ investment teams in order to raise awareness among students on the necessity to build a structured, responsible and holistic approach to investing that includes – among others – geopolitical and monetary impacts;
- To end the day, an award ceremony and reception in the wonderful and unique Barclays Monaco safe deposit room, in the presence of government representatives, managers of both institutions and this local press. On this occasion Francesco Grosoli, CEO of the Monaco Branch and Global Head of EMEA Private Banking of Barclays, presented a cheque for €2000 to Gregory Moscato, Director of the IUM Master of Science in Finance, to assist some students in financing their upcoming study trip to London.
The MSc in Finance students enjoyed it a lot :
“The Barclays event was fantastic. Much above my expectations. The day was well organize and the guests were well chosen. Moreover, the competition task made by teams was very interesting since we applied some of the concepts that we learned before in Master degree of finance.
At this days, some public can see banks like to be too greedy or that don´t want to take care about the client. However, Barclays team of Monaco showed the opposite”, commented Miguel de Morais Sarmento Matos.
“The visit to Barclays was extremely inspiring. We could really feel the spirit of the place and the team was as friendly and helpful, as one can imagine. We really appreciate their effort. They also let us see the heart of the bank, and this day will remain in our hearts as well” said Dmitri Korzun
“I particularly appreciated the opportunity to prove ourselves in a fun investment game simulation, coached by Barclays traders, it’s not an opportunity that we could enjoy every day” added Alexandra Spasov .
This very special day was also the beginning of the students’ third term. The students are fortunate enough to commence this most interesting and practical part of their « curriculum » with conferences led by investment professionals, presentations and visits to financial companies in Monaco and London, and interviews with potential recruiters for their final year internship.
On this final note, let’s not forget that for the past five years the IUM Master in Finance has a placement rate after graduation of more than 90%. This very healthy result demonstrates the success of its collaboration with the financial community both here and abroad.
For more information on the MSc in Finance program, visit our website
Feel free to also contact our Admissions Team at email@example.com