London Study Trip: MSc in Finance exposed to the largest financial center of the world and fine tune their career objectives
The London Study Trip aims at bringing closer students to the financial capital of the world by combining three elements:
1. An academic component with exciting courses delivered by professionals from the City of London; Guest speakers are regularly invited to provide the most updated perspective on financial markets and their specific industries.
- Corporate Restructuring: overview of corporate restructuring, description of stages leading to restructuring, implication of new strategy, corporate turnaround techniques.
- Technical Analysis for Forecasting: present the essential tools needed to analyze trends in financial markets and to devise a trading strategy. Examples on a number of markets – FX, Equities, Bonds and Commodities will be given in order to put the theory to the test.
2. Visits of financial institutions
Our students also visited the trading floors of Morgan Stanley and were received for special operational and market insights in various prestigious investment firms (MAN GLG, Meteor Asset Management, and Blackrock). These visits allowed students to interact with analysts, fund managers, as well as HR managers and institutional account executives, an ideal combination to better assess the opportunity set offered by the City and the requirements.
They also benefited from exclusive sessions at Bloomberg.
3. Networking events which offer the possibility to interact with finance professionals, including IUM alumni.
It is our conviction that allowing our students to get exposed to the best practices of London’s financial district is the best way to complement the intense Master of Science in finance program delivered in Monaco. The three components of the London track allows our students to have a well balanced experience, nourishing their professional aspirations.
“In Monaco, students quickly realize they are part of a global finance community, with its codes, values and language. When coming to London they get a first-hand exposure to the largest version of this financial community. It’s an exciting realization, especially the prospect of measuring themselves to one of the world most competitive market for finance positions. While solid technical skills are of course necessary, they are not sufficient to outperform thousands of candidates. We make sure our students understand the recruitment requirements of global financial institutions so they can fully prepare and compete at the highest level.” Dr. Gregory Moscato, Director of the MSc in Finance program
This career-boosting program takes place in the INSEEC London Campus, ideally located between Regent’s and Hyde Parks, in the heart of Marylebone Village.
Interested in our MSc in Finance program, please visit our website.
Feel free to also contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org