As every year, IUM has organized an International Business Day for its students. It gave them the opportunity to discover companies and job markets, understand recruitment processes and best practice to job hunt and finally interact with Human Resources Managers and Recruiters. Many companies have participated this year again such as UBS, Michael Page, Richemont Group, Eco Energy World Ldt, PUMA, IAAF, Clark Langdon Partners, Janou Pakter, to name but a few…
This interaction between students and professionals was structured around three kind of activities:
1- Company presentations: PUMA, IAAF, Energies2050, Eco Energy World Ltd, V.Ships Leisure, Monte Carlo Bay, Méridien Beach Plaza, UNAOIL, SBM Offshore, Façonnable, Safilo Group, Richemont Group, UBS Monaco, Bank J. Safra, HSBC, CFM, Monaco Asset Management, The Princes Gate Group, Tyrus Capital…
2- Job market overviews presented by specialized recruiters and senior executives:
• Sports Business Careers by Cédric le Nest from SCM Consulting (London);
• Emerging Green Businesses and Venture Capital Needs by William Langdon-Banks, Partner with Clark Langdon Partners;
• Business Careers in the Monaco Engineering Sphere by Sarah Jones-Couture, VP Ethics, Compliance & Communication with UNAOIL and Alexandra Espuno, HR Business Partner with SBM Offshore;
• Careers in the Luxury Leisure Industry by Bertrand Petyt, Crew Operations Manager with V.Hospitality;
• Careers in Luxury Goods and Fashion by Manuela Breschi, Managing Director with Janou Pakter;
• Career opportunities in the Luxury Jewelry industry for international talents by Marina Corti, Head of Employer Branding and Sabine Osmont, Head of Careers and Succession Planning from Richemont Group;
• Junior Careers in the Wealth and Investment Management Fields, by Cédric Galès, Private Banker with UBS, Rika Abeygoonaratne, HR Manager with Bank J. Safra, Alexandre Lhomme, Recruiter Manager with HSBC;
• Starting a career in financial markets and alternative investments by Franck Ciosi, Treasurer and Olivier Dauman, Private Equity Advisor with CFM, as well as Sarah Dauphin , Co-head of trading and Mike Ballester, Financial Analyst-trader with Monaco Asset Management;
• Careers in the Hedge Fund Industry by Sylvain Kouzoubachian, specialist of the Princes Gate Group real estate and Charles Hopkinson Woolley, Head of Investor Relations with Tyrus Capital.
3- Open Discussion where a business professional shared his experience with students: Nicolai Mikkelsen, Managing Director with Michael Page made the introductory session on “How is the French Riviera Business area moving forward”.
All in all IUM received lots of positive feedback from the students who found the workshops very interesting and helpful. This, of course, is very rewarding for the organizers who worked hard to make this event such a success.