At IUM we have MBA-specific career services to develop a highly personalized MBA Career Development Program combined with multiple interactions with top CEOs, managing directors, top executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Also some of them contributes to various governance bodies, namely in the International Advisory Board, in the Business & Education for the Future Committee, in the Curriculum Committees.
Sophie de Lorenzo
Director, Corporate Relations
As important as the academic MBA curriculum, is our commitment to ensuring that you have ongoing opportunities to meet and network with members of the business and entrepreneurial community for which Monaco is so well known.
80 % to 90% of our graduates find a job in 3 months
Our Corporate Relations policy develops along three axes:
1. Creating specific partnerships with companies and organizations leaders in the fields of IUM specializations at a global scale:
– Luxury Goods and Services: Monaco Yachting Cluster, SKÅL, Monte Carlo Société des Bains de Mer, Chambre Monegasque de la Mode-Monte Carlo Fashion Week
– Finance: Barclays, Monaco Venture Capital Association (MVCA)
– Sport business and events: Automobile Club of Monaco (F1 race), Sportel
– Entrepreneurship and innovation: Monacotech
2. Building strong and fruitful connections with organizations and companies based locally but with an international exposure.
3. Strengthening the network in some dynamic geographical areas, also leveraging the locations of Groupe INSEEC campuses in London, Geneva, Shanghai-Seoul, San Francisco, and Paris
Career & Professional Development Program
The diversity of MBA profiles and career aspirations led us to create a personalized career service, sequenced in three steps “Assess yourself”, “Analyse job markets” and “Market Yourself” developed around three main components: Individual career counselling sessions, MBA Career workshops and MBA Mentorship Program.
MBA students will participate in an innovative Talent & Career Development Program, inspired by corporate best practices in talent management and high flyer development programs. It aims to help to create and implement an individual development plan, scheduled throughout the year with short and medium-term objectives, which are monitored by professional coaches and career counselors.
This MBA program enables its students to acquire the transferable skills that are sought-after by companies and to target jobs that fit their skills and interests.
The T&CD Program combines the tools of Assessment & Development Centers with interactive self-selling workshops, business role-play games, and simulations. It is completed by a Mentorship Program, which recommends to all eligible MBA students their business executive working in the targeted job area.
1. DISC Analysis & Feedback
2. Lecture on “Communication & Leadership styles at Executive level” by a CEO Coach
3. Workshop: “Assessment Center” with Executives
4. Writing a compelling CV & Cover Letter
5. Mentorship Program
UNDERSTANDING THE INTERNATIONAL JOB MARKET
1. Interview Techniques from A to Z
2. Lions’ Lair Monte Carlo
3. Panel interviews with Recruiters & HR Professionals
4. Online Branding – LinkedIn
5. Dress for Success
6. A headhunters edge: Recruiters Process
7. VISA issues
1. Individual Coaching sessions on
– Job markets
– Targeting & networking strategies
– Cold calling approaches
– Elevator pitch
– Personal brand management
KEEP GROWING AND DEVELOPING
1. Join the IUM Alumni network, with over 3300 members across 54 countries
2. Enjoy annual alumni get-togethers events
3. Invitations to conferences, special events, and networking occasions
1. Participation to Day One Event
2. Networking Cocktail
3. International Business Days
4. Investor Day
5. Monaco Symposium on Luxury
6. The Mark Challenge
THE MBA MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
For more than ten years, the International University of Monaco has been offering a unique Mentorship Program for its MBA students. This Mentorship Program creates direct links between Monaco’s dynamic business and entrepreneurial community, and the MBA’s internationally diverse and professionally experienced student body. Thanks to this program, you have the exceptional experience of benefitting from the guidance, insight and knowledge of CEOs, top executives, and successful entrepreneurs from a variety of sectors and countries.
Every year this program involves more than 25 mentors and has been an outstanding contribution to students’ overall experience here, and the achievement of their professional goals.
Through this opportunity to develop ongoing relationships with successful professionals, you gain a unique appreciation of the industry or practice which most interests you. This is not only beneficial for your studies, but also assists in your career aspirations.
CORPORATE RELATIONS ACTIVITIES
The local and international partnering institutions contribute to the development of IUM curricula, of IUM professional network, and reinforce IUM’s legitimacy as a leading educational institution in specific business areas.
These companies tailor specific “company induction” days for IUM students, offer them access to their corporate events, organize recruitment days on IUM premises, involve their top executives in guest lectures and in the MBA mentorship program, and propose business consulting projects for students (the Corporate Consulting Projects are integral part of Masters’ curricula).
Corporate Projects expose MBA students to the realities of working in selected teams on actual issues, challenges, problematic or growth opportunities confronting companies today. Amongst companies that recently participate in this program: Lufthansa Aviation training, Monte Carlo Sociéte Des Bains de Mer, Pernod Ricard, Fendi Casa, Parkview International, Frost & Sullivan, UBS.
Caroline Frisenberg |MBA Career Coach at IUM
Frisenberg J. & Associates | Managing Partner
The most exciting time is at the very beginning of the academic year, when I get to meet the new MBA students. I spend time with each and every one of them in order for them to have the chance to introduce themselves.
For the past seven years, I have coached the MBA students and I have watched their careers from a distance, many thanks to LinkedIn, that allows me to follow their progress and career moves.
What is extraordinary from a personal development point of view, is that the MBA years allow the students to truly explore and test their wings in a forgiving and supportive environment. There is no negative repercussion from an employer or a company, as the focus lies on the student’s individual development.