By taking advantage of the unique features of its location, IUM provides a learning environment that combines the benefits of small size with connections to the global world, international diversity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
DR. Jean-Philippe MULLER
THE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF MONACO
IS A PRIVATE INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION FOUNDED IN 1986 IN THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO.
Its program portfolio includes Bachelor, Master of Science, MBA, and DBA degrees. It focuses mainly on those areas of expertise closely associated with Monaco: the management of high value-added service activities, especially in the luxury and finance sectors. This approach has allowed IUM to differentiate itself and achieve continuous growth, with student enrollment figures increasing from 300 students in 2010 to 633 in 2019. Integration within the INSEEC Group, the French leader in private higher education, has undoubtedly contributed to this evolution. Notwithstanding this growth, IUM, much like the Principality of Monaco itself, remains an intimate, human-scale business school with a profoundly multicultural outlook.
With more than 70 different nationalities in its student body,
IUM encourages interactions and exchanges among students from around the world. Inspired and guided by its mission, IUM has set specific objectives that characterize its vision of its future and of the role it intends to play within its environment:
1. To be recognized locally and internationally as a point of reference in the business and academic communities in the area of high value service activities, especially in Luxury Management, Hospitality & Event Management, and in Financial Services, in both research and in education at the undergraduate, graduate and executive levels.
2. To be a significant actor in the promotion of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development in the Luxury, Hospitality and Financial Services sectors.
3. To contribute significantly to the attractiveness of the Principality and to be a flagship institution within the Principality.
4. To promote an innovative pedagogical approach that broadens the boundaries of the classroom by mobilizing projectbased and experiential learning directly with a host of organizations.
5. To prepare and train highly sought-after practitioners in Luxury, Hospitality and Financial Services, hired at graduation, and to establish an influential and active alumni network which is a source of added value to firms in these areas.