CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
YOU WANT TO JOIN US?
The numerous developments in the sports sector have led to the creation of new structures. To best manage these sports facilities, it is essential to employ individuals with the necessary skills. As a rule, the management of sports facilities , including stadiums, is entrusted to the stadium manager.
In essence, the stadium manager is responsible for managing the operation of a stadium and ensuring its profitability. To do this, he relies on technical skills acquired through specialized training in sports and management.
What does the job of Stadium Manager involve?
The stadium manager is responsible for all operations related to the running of a sports structure. As the name of the position suggests, this professional is primarily involved in managing a stadium or other sports complex.
Also called stadium manager, he is in charge of the management of a stadium. This includes:
- management of infrastructure and equipment;
- personnel management and supplier relations;
- communication operations around the events;
- public relations;
- the safety of spectators and users of the sports structure under its responsibility.
If the role of a stadium manager varies very little, his tasks can vary according to different criteria such as
- the size and complexity of the sport structure;
- the nature of the events taking place in the stadium.
What are the main tasks of the Stadium Manager?
In order to ensure his role which consists in managing a sports structure as well as possible, the stadium manager can be led to :
- Planning and organizing events: games, ceremonies, festivities and others;
- to ensure the safety of the premises and the people in partnership with various teams;
- ensure the management of equipment and infrastructure;
- handle budgetary management;
- Lead all teams under his/her responsibility.
All these missions have the objective of maintaining the state of the sports structure, making it profitable and satisfying the users.
What training do I need to become a Stadium Manager?
The stadium manager is above all a manager. Therefore, to qualify for this position, you must at least have management training. Many candidates also enter the position with a degree in business or event management.
However, in order to flourish as a stadium manager, it is ideal to follow a specialized training in sports. In addition, this training can be complemented by various advanced programs, including :
- stadium management ;
- project management.
TheInternational University of Monaco is one of the business schools that offer specialized training in sports.
The Master of Science in Sports Business Management allows students to train as stadium managers. This is one of nine programs offered by IUM.
What is the salary of a Stadium Manager?
The average salary of a stadium manager is about 3,000 to 5,000 euros net per month. As for the missions, the salary of this professional varies according to several criteria. Especially with enough experience or by managing a very large structure , a stadium manager can earn a high salary.
What are the possible career paths of the Stadium Manager?
The position of stadium manager allows to evolve towards different management positions among which are those of :
- general manager of a sports team ;
- sports project manager ;
- director of stadium operations.
This position also gives access to other jobs in the sports sector, apart from stadium management. Thus, a stadium manager has, among other things, the possibility of becoming :
- public relations officer ;
- logistics manager ;
- consultant in the organization of sports events.
Vertical career development is also possible for the position of stadium manager. With the right experience and skills, this professional can, for example, take charge of several sports structures. He may also work for a larger club or company more important. In any case, greater responsibility will result in a higher salary.
What are the essential skills to succeed as a Stadium Manager?
Essential skills for success as a stadium manager include:
- familiarity with the sports sector;
- Project management skills ;
- human resources and financial management skills;
- the ability to work in a team;
- the ability to make important decisions;
- solid knowledge in communication, marketing and management;
a strong sense of leadership.Updated 31 March 2023